Nothings Perfect.The same can be said of a school learning environment where so many variables and challenges exist within the Learning Environment domain. Linking the case studies which were we examined today to the lessons from Moo and Bransford, it strikes me as odd that only the teachers' perceptions were explored. According to Bransford, "The classroom is a learning environment where interactions occur among students, teachers, and learning takes place (Talton & Simpson, 1987). Recent research has shown that a strong link exist between student outcomes and their perceptions of their learning environment". So where is this element in the case studies in attempting to understand more about the learning environment in these schools? Something to think about when I conduct my own analysis of my classes.

The cases were certainly interesting and my main takeaway from today's session is that these studies attempt to measure the Learning environment in the areas of Organisation/Community, Performance, Tasks and People. Relating this to my own work, I have never had a formal measure of the Learning Environment and it will be something which I will conduct to see what are the positive and not-so-good attributes of my own learning environment as I am in a position to improve upon it. If anything it will alert me to the existing defficiencies which I may not know about.

RSS Feed (xml)
No comments:
Post a Comment